Design-Build Services in MD & PA
At Irvine Construction, we work directly with you through every step of the design-build process to ensure that your project is all you imagine it will be.
Here’s how we work with you to design and build your custom construction project:
When you first call us, we discuss our overall design-build process with you, including the basic feasibility, and we schedule an initial meeting.
The purpose of this meeting is to:
- Meet one another and discuss and examine your project.
- Determine in broad terms if your project is possible given your planned budget.
- Establish a general budget range for your project. These figures do not represent an estimate or actual project cost; they are intended to establish a target design budget only.
If your project is feasible with budget and other existing conditions, we prepare and present a Design Phase contract.
After you have accepted this Design Phase contract, we will:
- Investigate the home and provide consultation as needed.
- Photograph and measure the affected areas of the home.
- Provide solutions to any major design problems or issues.
- Produce preliminary design drawings consisting of existing conditions, floor plans of remodeled and/or new space, foundation plan (if needed), and elevations.
- Develop project specifications, including clearly defined product, material, and scope of work descriptions.
- Prepare the proposal and contract for construction.
The cost of this phase is approximately 2.5-3% of our target project budget. Half of the cost of this phase is due to begin the work, and half is due at completion of the Design Phase.
During the Design Phase, we will be able to develop the actual fixed project costs by working closely together and involving our team of subcontractors, vendors and other specialists.
>>Learn more about the Design Plan Process>>
At the completion of the Design Phase agreement, you will have:
- Completed design drawings
- Detailed Project Specifications
- The Construction Phase Fixed Price Proposal Contract
After you complete the Design Phase, you may:
- Retain all documents and take no further action with Irvine Construction.
- Decide to accept the Contract for Construction and proceed to the Construction Phase.
If you decide to accept the Contract for Construction:
- Irvine Construction produces the final permit drawings, provides an Engineering review, applies for all necessary permits, and schedules your project start and completion dates.
- Upon accepting the Contract for Construction, the total cost of the Design-Build agreement will be applied to the total cost of construction.
The goal of the design phase is that when completed, we are able to move seamlessly to the construction phase. We always aim to work closely with you to answer any questions you may have, alleviate any concerns, and move your project forward as quickly as possible.
Ready to get started? Schedule your consultation today!