Home Additions & Remodeling in Maryland & Pennsylvania
Home Additions & Remodeling of Traditional or Contemporary Design
James R. Irvine Construction Company specializes in home additions, remodeling, and whole house renovations that will transform existing residences into beautiful, new living spaces. Whether you need a custom kitchen addition to accommodate more cooks, or an overall home remodel with additional space for your growing family, trust the pros who have been there before.
We strive to make your home remodeling experience as stress-free, cost-effective, and pleasant as possible. We work with you through the design and build process to ensure that your dream home becomes everything you imagine and more.
Our home additions & remodeling services include:
- Living room remodeling
- Kitchen remodeling
- Bathroom remodeling
- Kitchen additions
- Bathroom additions
- Basement remodeling
- Bedroom remodeling
- Bedroom additions
- In-law suite additions
- Home office remodeling
- And more!
Home Addition Consultation
To learn more or set up a no-cost initial consultation for your home addition or renovation, call James R. Irvine Construction, Inc., at (301) 271-3272. We serve Frederick County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Washington County, Carroll County, Baltimore County, Maryland, Southern Pennsylvania, and more!
1. Addition and Renovation in Howard County, MD
Design / build addition to a circa 1830 home including great room with kitchen, master suite, new bathrooms, breezeway and garage with studio above and other interior renovations.
2. Home Renovation in Frederick City, Maryland
Extensive design / build additions to a circa 1900 Bungalow style home. Intent was to include all historic design elements in keeping with the original home. Scope of work includes two new bedrooms, two full baths, two car garage, curved sunroom, new rear porch and other interior renovations.
3. Home Addition in Thurmont, Maryland
An addition and renovation to a log and frame home circa 1910, consisting of, great room, elevator, garage, additional bedrooms, bathrooms and total exterior restoration.
4. Home Renovation in Frederick City, Maryland
Extensive interior renovation to a circa 1900 traditional Queen Ann style home in the historic district. Scope of work included heavy demolition and removal / renovation of structure elements and construction of period correct kitchen, bathrooms and butler’s pantry.
5. Home Renovation in Cascade, Maryland
A design build renovation to an early 1900’s home consisting of a new kitchen addition, wine cellar, library, structural repairs and new configuration of existing interior spaces.
6. Home Addition & Remodeling in Rockville, Maryland
A design build to an early 1900’s home consisting of a new country kitchen / family room area, mudroom and new second floor bathroom.
7. Addition and Renovation in Silver Spring Maryland
First Floor: new larger kitchen with rear addition, new powder room and pantry. Second Floor: new master suite with larger bedroom, large master bath and additional closet space. Build out over existing porch.
8. Home Renovation in Bethesda, Maryland
A design / build renovation and 3 level addition consisting of home offices, large gourmet kitchen, master suite with full bath and other upgrades throughout.
9. Addition & Renovation in Frederick, Maryland
Additions and renovations to a circa 1920 home in the Baker Park section of Frederick City. Work included a new historically correct addition, and extensive interior renovations.
10. House Renovation in Silver Spring, Maryland
A total house renovation including the construction of two additions. This project was phased over a period of about 2-1/2 years to allow for the owners to occupy the space as the renovations progressed throughout the home.
11. Addition & Renovation in Silver Spring, Maryland
An addition and renovations to a circa 1920 home that doubled the original size, in keeping with the original architectural styling.
12. Second Story Addition in Silver Spring, Maryland
A second story Design/Build addition to an existing home consisting of 2 baths, laundry and storage
13. Home Addition in New Windsor, Maryland
A Design/Build addition to a home circa 1860
14. Family Room & Kitchen Addition in Chevy Chase, Maryland
Kitchen / Family Room Addition
15. Home Addition in Frederick County, Maryland
A Design and Build Great Room addition
16. Home Addition in Laytonsville, Maryland
A Design and Build 3 story home addition with basement in-law suite, deck and 3 season room.
Our Home Addition & Remodeling Blog Posts:
- 4 Tips for Designing a Home Office When Working from Home With Kids
- How to Deal With Lead Paint in Your Historic Home Remodel
- How the Housing Market Is Impacting the Remodeling Market
- Hidden Costs to Look Out for When Renovating Your Home
- 4 Tips for Preparing for Your Selection Meeting
- 6 Tips for Building & Renovating With Resale Value in Mind
- When to Save & When to Splurge on Your Home Renovation